Re: RFS: i-news - GTK-based RSS Ticker

Emmanuel Thomas-Maurin <manutm007@gmail.com> writes:

> On 08/22/2011 11:29 AM, Gergely Nagy wrote:
>> While I'm not a DD at the moment, so couldn't sponsor even if I wanted
>> to, but i-news - as already mentioned on -devel@ - is uncomfortably
>> similar to inews (which is a pure virtual package at the moment, but
>> still).
>>
>> news-rss-ticker was suggested earlier, that sounds like a good name to
>> me, certainly less confusing and generic than i-news.
>
> Yes but (IMHO) very long so not easy to remember nor to type.

Since it's a GUI app, more often than not, it will be run from a menu,
where the binary's name doesn't matter. I do not believe it would be
typed more than once or twice.

But even then, I'd suggest something other than i-news. Like "grssnews"
or somesuch. Or just drop "news" altogether and come up with something
creative like quite a few of the gnome stuff did (totem, cheese, etc).