Re: Depends on -dev package

Hi!

Paul Elliott <pelliott@blackpatchpanel.com> writes:
> I quote from Debian Library Packaging guide
>> 2. -DEV package dependencies
>>
>> The -DEV package would usually declare Depends: relationship on all -DEV
>> packages for libraries that the library package directly depends upon,
>> with the specific SONAME version that the library package is linked
>> against. This includes libc-dev. [5]
>
> Does this mean that if my library has an include reference
> #include <stdio.h>
> in one of its .c or .h files, then my -dev package must have a depends line
> like this in its debian/control file:

  You need that for packages ∉ build-essential that any of your public
headers includes. No reason to do that for some .c files. I've basically
never ever seen a -dev package depending on libc-dev.

Regards

    Christoph

--
9FED 5C6C E206 B70A 5857  70CA 9655 22B9 D49A E731
Debian Developer | Lisp Hacker | CaCert Assurer