Re: Downloading of test data

Le Sun, Aug 14, 2011 at 10:26:04AM +0200, Antonio Valentino a écrit :

> Uhm, how much is it important to test the package at build time?

Dear Antonio,

I have experience distributing a completely broken package for weeks or monthes
without anybody noticing, so I would recommend to run the regression tests when
possible, especially for architecture-dependant packages.  In your case, if the
data is huge, you can test the on your computer before uploading, and
document in debian/README.test how to perform the tests, in case somebody else
has to upload a revision in your absence.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan