Re: Downloading of test data

Il 14/08/2011 01:13, Ben Finney ha scritto:
> Antonio Valentino <antonio.valentino@tiscali.it> writes:
>
>> The dataset needed for automatic testing in a satellite image.
>> It is part of a sample/demo dataset provided by the European Space
>> Agency.
>
> Please show us the URL to inform the discussion better.

Sure!
The summary page is

http://earth.esa.int/services/sample_products/

the url of the product to be downloaded for test is

http://earth.esa.int/services/sample_products/meris/LRC/L2/MER_LRC_2PTGMV20000620_104318_00000104X000_00000_00000_0001.N1.gz

>> Although data are available for free download I don't know if
>> re-distribution is allowed and in which terms.
>
> Check for its copyright terms. If it's not within the tarball, ask
> whoever you think might be authoritative for that information.
>
> In the absence of explicit permission to redistribute, you'll need to
> omit it and not use it in the package build process. (So please try hard
> to get free-software license terms to it for all recipients.)

Uhm, how much is it important to test the package at build time?

In this case we are talking about a small python extension and the test
suite consists in 224 unit tests.

In this case I'm a little reluctant to include *that* data in debian
archive (after all the upstream package is distributed without it).

Anyway if testing the package at build time is considered very important
I can try to contact ESA and ask for more details about license terms
for re-distribution.

regards

--
Antonio Valentino