Re: RFS: mactelnet

2011/6/29 Nelson A. de Oliveira <naoliv@gmail.com>
Hi Håkon!

Hi, and thank you so much for taking a look at my package. I have not had the time to go through this mail before now.
But I've finally managed to go through it and fix all the things you mentioned.

P: mactelnet-client: no-upstream-changelog
P: mactelnet-server: no-upstream-changelog
Would be good to have an upstream changelog installed (and distributed
in mactelnet's source too)

is a "git log > Changelog" good enough?

In debian/rules, you can remove the commented Vcs-*

Thought about adding the collab-maint alioth vcs here. Someone tipsed me that I should add the debian changes to a public vcs.
Is this a bad idea?

You also have "linux-any". Can't it be compiled and run in other archs
(FreeBSD)?

Correct. It depends on netlink for listing interfaces/MAC-addresses/ips etc.

The shord description should start with a lowercase character too
It's also better to use https://github.com/haakonnessjoen/MAC-Telnet
as the Homepage (instead /downloads)

In debian/docs, README.markdown should be installed as "README" only

Any tips on how I would work this out without changing it upstream?

Best regards,
Nelson

Thanks again for all your tips!

--