Re: Adding symbols files to the tango package.

Hi again,

> Le Fri, 29 Jul 2011 09:45:53 +0100,
> Michael Tautschnig <mt@debian.org> a écrit :
>
> > - Use the c++ tag to move to human-readable symbols and get rid of problems due
> >   to different name mangling schemes.
>
> yes it is nicer with c++ tag, is there an automatic way to convert a symbol file to
> this human readable format.

Please take a look at this [1] post to the list.

> Should I tune my rule file to generate automatically a symbol file with thoses c++ tag.

I don't think there's any tuning need in your rules file.

> > - Combine this with regex to work around 32/64 bits issues.
> > - Both of this is quite extensively documented in the dpkg-gensymbols man page.
>
> Yes there is plenty of explanation in the man page but I need a lot
> more practice to learn about symbols.
> Sometimes I do not know if it

Hmm, I'm not sure I understand that last sentence!?

> > - Take a look at some existing package that makes use of these features, for
> >   example my "diagnostics" package.
>
> I took a look at your package, nice symbol fil and I like the symbol
> split between symbols, optional, stacktrace(what for ?). It requier a
> huge knowledge of the projet internals.

Which project internals do you refer to? "stacktrace" is just a sub-part of
diagnostics that isn't available on all architectures, hence the split-out of
this part.

Hope this helps,
Michael

[1] http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2011/07/msg00360.html