Re: RFS: taxbird (updated package)

Hi Michael,

next try ...

Michael Tautschnig <mt@debian.org> writes:

> Sorry for the late reply (and it seems that all other people are busy as well
> :-/).

No problem, I don't walk away :-)

>> I added two messages to the bug report #619734, including the diffs for
>> the packages.
>>
>> I also uploaded new versions of libgeier (0.12-1.1) and taxbird
>> (0.16-1.1) based on the packages, Marvin provided on his homepage.
>>
> [...]
>
> I'm seeing two problems here:
>
> - The NMU bug against libgeier should also be filed against libgeier package; in
>   this case it was just appended to 619734.

I opened a new bug #635280 against libgeier.

> - The NMU is (intentionally) based on Marvin's packages, which, however, don't
>   exist in Debian (if they did, there wouldn't be too much of a need for an
>   NMU).
>
> Could you please build version -0.1 instead of 1.1, which combine Marvin's
> changes and your modifications into on version, and then update the NMU diffs?
> You will want to gzip those, as they will obviously be much larger, including
> all the new upstream changes.

I've rebuilt both packages and uploaded them to debian-mentors. While
researching, I stumbled upon libgeier 0.11-1.1 and incorporated these
changes as well.

I added NMU-diffs for the debian changes only, because I think adding
the upstream diffs from libgeier 0.11 to 0.12 and taxbird from 0.15 to
0.16 don't add any value.

In the latest uploads to debian-mentors, I also added the (Closes: #)
tags to the changelog, which is not reflected in the NMU-diffs attached
to the bugs.

Regards, Olaf