Re: RFS: taxbird (updated package)

Hi Michael,

Michael Tautschnig <mt@debian.org> writes:

>> > Could you please briefly explain why you are NMUing this package? Are you
>> > intending to take over package maintainership? What about the previous
>> > maintainer?
>>
>> No, I don't want to take over the package. The maintainer is still
>> maintaining libgeier and taxbird.
>>
>> But although he provided packages on his homepage and promised to upload
>> them to the repositories, this didn't happen.
>>
>> So, in order to fix bugs 577760 and 619734 for taxbird, I uploaded
>> libgeier and taxbird to debian-mentors.
>>

> Thanks a lot for the clarification (and, Marc, thank you as well). I do
> understand the need for an urgent update of the package - yet an NMU requires
> following NMU procedures as outlined in Debian policy, see
> http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/pkgs.html#nmu
>
> What is required in addition to the work that was already done is
>
> - express the intend to NMU in the bug report (probably #619734)
> - attach the NMU diff to the bug report
>
> Olaf, if you could take care of those steps, I'd be fine with sponsoring an
> upload to DELAYED.

I added two messages to the bug report #619734, including the diffs for
the packages.

I also uploaded new versions of libgeier (0.12-1.1) and taxbird
(0.16-1.1) based on the packages, Marvin provided on his homepage.

I got no response so far, so I guess Marvin is either busy or doesn't
mind the NMU. So, if this is sufficient, I'd be glad if you would upload
the packages to DELAYED.

Otherwise, let me know wether the messages need to be reworded or
additional steps are necessary.

Regards, Olaf