Re: RFS: mosquitto

Hi Roger,

[...]
> >> Lintian run as "lintian -iIE --pedantic" gives the following output:
> >>
> >> W: mosquitto source: debhelper-overrides-need-versioned-build-depends
> >> (>= 7.0.50~)
> > [...]
> >
> > Instead of copy-pasting this lintian warning, you should have addressed it :-/ -
> > could you please fix that and re-upload to mentors? I will then happily sponsor
> > your upload.
>
> I'm sure I had an email from this list in the past with a very lucid
> reason why I shouldn't heed that warning, but I can't seem to find it
> now. I certainly can't remember the reasoning. I've made the change
> and re-uploaded. It is now lintian clean.

Well, most likely this is the initial email of the "nitpicking..." thread.
Indeed that included a discussion about debhelper versions and compatibility
levels, but the main point was a different one: a sponsor's request to update to
debhelper version 8 from 7 or 7.0.50, which may induce undesired changes. In
your case, however, you are already using features (dh overrides) of 7.0.50, but
weren't declaring a proper build dependency. Does this help to clarify?

Package reviewed, built, and uploaded.

Thanks a lot for the work,
Michael