Re: RFS: naev

Hi,

> I am looking for a sponsor for my packages "naev" and "naev-data".
>
> * Package name    : naev, naev-data
>   Version         : 0.4.2-1
>   Upstream Author : Edgar Simo "bobbens" <bobbens@gmail.com>
>                     Nikola Whallon <6.saturn.6@gmail.com>
>                     Josiah Schwartfeger
>                     Deiz
>                     Bas Fournier "BTAxis" <btaxis@gmail.com>
> * URL             : http://code.google.com/p/naev/
> * License         : code - GPL-3 ; data - public domain,
>                           GPLv2, GPLv3, CC-By (and -SA) 3.0
>   Programming Lang: C, Lua
>   Section         : games
>   Description     : 2D space trading combat game

[...]

I've taken a look at this package and would really hope for further input from
the Games team, as they might be much more experienced with the mix of licenses
that occurs when packaging graphics and sound files together with the source
code.

My main focus of this reviewing round was the copyright file; it is already very
helpful to be in DEP-5 format, but I'm afraid it's still incomplete:

- What about the file in build/?
- The contents of dat/ is a bit dangerous: the font files appear to lack the
  sources that they were generated from!?
- In src/, a few files contain copyright and license information. Those
  copyright holders (and licenses) are not reflected in debian/copyright.
- Your debian/changelog file gives pointers to further potential issues.

Aside these missing bits, it would be preferable if licenses found in
/usr/share/common-licenses were not quoted in full; I'm asking for this because
the copyright file is already huge anyhow.

Hope this helps,
Michael