Re: how to get people to run lintian on their packages

Le Fri, Jul 08, 2011 at 11:13:53AM +0200, Arno Töll a écrit :

> That said, some pedantic tags can probably be ignored but most are
> nonetheless still a very helpful addition one better should consider
> when packaging software.

Hello everybody,

I would like to add that in my experience, an innocent pedantic tag that
suddenly appears is sometimes the symptom that the package is totally broken
(like for instance lacking almost all files that it should contain).  That is
why I always run lintian with --pedantic.

Have a nice week-end,

--
Charles Plessy
Debian Med packaging team,