Re: how to get people to run lintian on their packages

Le Thu, Jul 07, 2011 at 10:47:24PM +0200, Paul Wise a écrit :
> It is rare to see an RFS that says "The package appears to be lintian
> clean." and the package (especially binary ones) actually be lintian
> clean. If we were to change the RFS template, what could we change it
> to in order to encourage accuracy and for people to actually use
> lintian and fix any issues found.

Hi,

sbuild can run lintian and include its results plus a parsable pseudo-RFC-822
field to indicate if the built package passes the test or not.  The RFS
template could recommend to publish build logs including such iformation.

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy
Tsurumi, Kanagawa, Japan