Re: RFS: kamerka

Hi Sebastian,

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak wrote:
> 2011/7/1 Benoît Knecht <benoit.knecht@fsfe.org>:
> > [...]
> >
> >  - Your short and long descriptions are too technical; have a look at
> >    [1] for the best practices.
> >
> >    [1] http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/best-pkging-practices.html#bpp-debian-control
>
> Changed to:

>  Kamerka is an KDE application, using Video4Linux to get image from webcam
>  and able to save photos. Features easy to use, animated user interface.

The grammar could still be improved upon; I'm not a native English
speaker, so you'd probably best contact [1] for assistance.

[1] debian-l10n-english@lists.debian.org

> >  - In debian/control, you recommend dolphin, gimp and inkscape; this is
> >    way too strong. In fact, I would not even suggest them, so I think
> >    you should drop that line entirely.
> >    Same thing for suggesting kdebase-workspace-bin; why would someone
> >    who doesn't have it installed already want to add this package with
> >    all its dependencies?
>
> Kamerka displays desktop notification on taking photo with buttons to
> edit it in GIMP or Inkscape, or displaying it in Dolphin. Those apps
> are currently hardcoded, that's why I put them to recommends.
> It also calls "kde-open" binary, which is provided by kdebase-workspace-bin.
>
> Is it ok, or should I remove those lines?

Well if the application can make direct use of them, maybe more them to
a Suggests; apt-get install recommended packages by default, and I can
tell you for sure that I wouldn't install a webcam application if it was
pulling in gimp, inkscape and half of KDE with itself.

Cheers,

--
Benoît Knecht