Re: RFS: kamerka

Hi Sebastian,

Sebastian Krzyszkowiak wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "kamerka".
>
> * Package name    : kamerka
>   Version         : 0.6-1
>   Upstream Author : Sebastian Krzyszkowiak <dos@dosowisko.net>
> * URL             : http://dos1.github.com/kamerka/
> * License         : GPLv2+
>   Section         : kde
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> kamerka    - Take photos using your webcam and shiny animated QML interface

I had a look at your package, so here are a few comments that might
help:

  - Your short and long descriptions are too technical; have a look at
    [1] for the best practices.

    [1] http://www.debian.org/doc/manuals/developers-reference/best-pkging-practices.html#bpp-debian-control

  - In debian/control, you recommend dolphin, gimp and inkscape; this is
    way too strong. In fact, I would not even suggest them, so I think
    you should drop that line entirely.
    Same thing for suggesting kdebase-workspace-bin; why would someone
    who doesn't have it installed already want to add this package with
    all its dependencies?

  - You depend explicitly on a few libraries, but if your application is
    linking to them, they should be listed in ${shlibs:Depends} already.

  - Your debian/copyright is not DEP-5 compliant; there's no Name or
    Maintainer field, and you should use a versioned Format URL.

  - licensecheck reports that po/extract-messages.sh is missing a
    copyright header, and that the other files have a GPL header with an
    incorrect FSF address; please ask upstream to correct this.

  - You could raise the debhelper compat level to 8 in debian/compat and
    debian/control.

Cheers,

--
Benoît Knecht