Re: ITA-RFS: cronolog - logfile rotator

Christoph Egger <christoph@debian.org> writes:
> Maxime Chatelle <mmyc@gmx.com> writes:
>> It appear to be lintian clean. and can be found here:
>> http://mentors.debian.net/cgi-bin/sponsor-pkglist?action=details;package=cronolog
>> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/c/cronolog/cronolog_1.6.2-6.dsc
>
> It seems the .orig.tar.gz of your upload to mentors.debian.net differs
> From the one in the archive. Did you modify the tarball? where did you
> get it from? Please use the tarball currently in the archive (and if you
> package new upstream versions the one published on upstream's website
> *unmodified* if possible). This incluldes unpacking and re-tarring the
> source tree.

Ah I see where that comes from. Those packages with tarball-in-tarball
are rather rare these days. Changing the tarball without renaming it
won't technically work however. You can still rename the tarball to
something like cronolog_1.6.2+ds.orig.tar.gz and adapt the version in
debian/changelog accordingly so you can move to the more standard
layout.

Regards

    Christoph

--
9FED 5C6C E206 B70A 5857  70CA 9655 22B9 D49A E731
Debian Developer | Lisp Hacker | CaCert Assurer

Q. Why is top posting bad?