Re: RFS: [QA Upload] netsend

On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 02:14:24PM +0200, Arno Töll wrote:

Hi,

CC'ed Tim: Are you still on board for netsed? Thread starts here
http://lists.debian.org/debian-mentors/2011/06/msg00015.html

> Fair enough. I just didn't feel comfortable to package an entire new
> upstream source for a QA upload.

I'd say in this case it would've been ok from my point of view. Others
might disagree. Anyway good to know that there's already some sort of
adoption going on.

> Glad to see you worked on that already Mats, therefore I updated my
> package and merged our approaches. I attached a diff outlining all
> changes in debian/ I made.

I agree to most of them but there's more than one way to do it. ;)

> and left QA as I originally suggested. If you still want to adopt the
> package, I'd suggest you to change bug #487339 to ITA and seek for
> sponsors for your first maintainer upload, with or without the DDs
> originally interested to join you.

ACK.

I'd be willing to help but

* The upstream branch is missing the last two new upstream releases. Donno
  what went wrong there. Mats can you check that? Maybe you just have to
  push your upstream branch. pristine-tar would've been nice but not
  that important.

* I'd prefer to merge the changelog entries. I've to admit that I've a
  50:50 ratio of forgetting to build the package with a fitting -v to
  include all changelogs so that all bugs will be closed correctly.

Sven
--
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.