Re: RFS: [QA Upload] netsend

torsdag den  2 juni 2011 klockan 10:23 skrev Sven Hoexter detta:
> On Thu, Jun 02, 2011 at 09:59:46AM +0200, Arno Töll wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> > I'd like to ask for sponsoring of my QA upload for the package netsed.
> >
> > It does not introduce a new version since upstream is dead since 2001
> > but the package is fairly cool, has a reasonable popcon and no open RC
> > bugs (but WNPP bug #487339[1]. You could adopt it - note there is a
> > non-official new upstream version you may want to switch to as outlined
> > in #586037 [2]. Moreover you would eventually becoming upstream as well)
>
> Reading the bug logs I'd favour an upload using the 'new upstream'
> version.

The bug #586037 is sufficient to motivate the removal of a package
built from the old source. All the more so in the absence of IPv6
capabilities.

Observe that

    http://anonscm.debian.org/git/collab-maint/netsed.git

contains the migration to the new upstream source. I myself, being
a minor DM, have been blocked by the two DD involved in the same
migration, since they have chosen silence after the initial setup.

Regards,
  Mats E A