Re: Package purging left files on system

Hi!

Am 31.05.2011 09:49, schrieb Mathieu Malaterre:

>   I am looking at the following error from piuparts:

> 0m34.6s ERROR: FAIL: Package purging left files on system:
>   /etc/apache2	 owned by: dcmtk-www, apache2.2-common
>   /etc/apache2/conf.d	 owned by: dcmtk-www, apache2.2-common
>   /etc/apache2/conf.d/dcmtk	 not owned

Maybe I'm missing something, but that error message is about files being
left behind.

> The postrm debian script is currently:
>
>     purge|remove|upgrade)
>         # Restart Apache to register configuration for dcmtk
>         if apache2ctl configtest 2>/dev/null; then
[..]
>   I do not understand why purge/remove are calling a reload on
> apache2. Do I need to keep this behavior ?

While that part and your questions have to do with apache being or not
being reloaded, which doesn't seem to have anything to do with the
previous problem.

To the best of my knowledge piuparts doesn't actually start any daemons
at all, so a restart / reload of a daemon will naturally fail in piuparts.

Best regards,
  Alexander