Package purging left files on system

Dear mentors,

  I am looking at the following error from piuparts:

0m34.6s ERROR: FAIL: Package purging left files on system:
  /etc/apache2	 owned by: dcmtk-www, apache2.2-common
  /etc/apache2/conf.d	 owned by: dcmtk-www, apache2.2-common
  /etc/apache2/conf.d/dcmtk	 not owned

The postrm debian script is currently:

    purge|remove|upgrade)
        # Restart Apache to register configuration for dcmtk
        if apache2ctl configtest 2>/dev/null; then
            if [ -x /usr/sbin/invoke-rc.d ]; then
                invoke-rc.d apache2 reload 3>/dev/null || true
            else
                /etc/init.d/apache2 reload 3>/dev/null || true
            fi
        else
            echo "Your apache2 configuration is broken, so we're not
restarting it for you."
        fi
    ;;

  I do not understand why purge/remove are calling a reload on
apache2. Do I need to keep this behavior ?

Thanks
--
Mathieu