Re: Menu question: Sound Application

Le Sat, May 21, 2011 at 01:37:46PM -0400, Peter Bennett a écrit :

> However, I have downloaded and installed the latest version of Debian,
> and there is no Applications/Sound menu but there is Applications/Sound
> & Video containing the sound players editors and recorders.

Dear Peter,

I think that you are looking at the GNOME menu, that is defined by FreeDesktop
files.  You can enable the Debian menu within it, by clicking the right button
and following the relevant options.

You can see the differences between the two systems at the following page:

http://wiki.debian.org/Proposals/DebianMenuUsingDesktopEntries

Have a nice day,

--
Charles Plessy