Re: Workflow with debian/ in VCS

Nikolaus Rath <Nikolaus@rath.org> writes:

> Hmm, but you snipped away step #4: making changes to the debian/*
> tree. How do I incorporate that into the workflow?

You just, um, do it? I don't know why that would be different.

> >> 6. Copy debian back into repo
> >
> Ben Finney <ben+debian@benfinney.id.au> writes:
> > [copying the ‘debian/’ directory in and out is] obviated by having
> > the repositories separate, and automatically combined when needed.
>
> I don't understand. I can only modify the debian tree when the upstream
> sources are present in the same directory (otherwise I can't update
> patches)

Sure you can update the patches. You make the patches from the VCS
repository for the upstream source, just as you'd expect. The only
difference is where you place the resulting patch.

In my case:

    $ pwd
    foo.debian/
    $ ( cd ~/Projects/foo/mychanges/ && bzr diff -p 'old/:new/' ../trunk/ ) > debian/patches/03.mychanges.patch

Perhaps I'm not understanding you.

--
 \           “The long-term solution to mountains of waste is not more |
  `\      landfill sites but fewer shopping centres.” —Clive Hamilton, |