Re: ITS: triggerhappy

On 2011-05-10 22:51, Stefan Tomanek wrote:
> Dies schrieb Niels Thykier (niels@thykier.net):

>> debian/copyright says it its GPL-3 or any later, but the license header
>> in the source files merely say:
>> """
>> You have permission to copy, modify, and redistribute under the
>> terms of the GPL. For full license terms, see COPYING.
>> """
>> Looking at COPYING, I see a GPL-3 license.  Please see the "How to Apply
>> These Terms to Your New Programs" in COPYING on an example of how to
>> correct this.
>>   Legal stuff is unfortunately very pedantic and d/copyright must
>> reflect what is in the upstream sources.
> OK, being upstream myself, I clarified the statement in the source files to
> refer to GPLv3 specificly.

To say "GPLv3" or "GPLv3 or any later"? (I did not check the tarball for
the reasons listed below)

>> Secondly, the package has two debian-changes patches in debian/patches.
> These changes were an accident produced by git-buildpackage; on my build
> system, the upstream branch was not correctly checked out at HEAD, so the
> changes were detected relative to the debian branch.
>> There is a newer Standards-Version 3.9.2, please update accordingly.
> OK, I just ran an update to make sure my local tools are recent; since my
> build/sign system is running stable, I might encounter a few warning messages
> there.

Generally it is expected that you build the package in a clean chroot
and I strongly recommend you use a recent version of lintian when you
check your package as well.

>> The changelog file contains a lot of entries and some of them suggests
>> you have had an unofficial repository from where your users could
>> download this package.  If that is the case, please move the entry that
>> closes #603842 to the newest changelog entry[1].
> OK, I just updated the changelog to reflect this.
> Thank you very much for your input, I hope you'll revisit my package as soon as
> I uploaded the new version.

I tried to re-fetch your package, but dpkg-source refuses to unpack it
because the tarball has a different size than what is expected(/written
in the .dsc).  Not sure what happened, but according to the directory
listing on mentors.debian.net[1], the orig.tar.gz is from March and the
dsc is from today.
  Perhaps, you have to remove the package from mentors and re-upload it

[1] http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/t/triggerhappy/

Version: GnuPG v1.4.11 (GNU/Linux)