Re: RFS: grub-customizer
On Mon, Mar 28, 2011 at 08:30:05PM +0200, Daniel Richter wrote:
I've been asked some time ago to take a look at this package. I'm still
not sure if I'd really like to sponsor it. I'm not sure how exactly we
handle software which edits rather vital configuration files and I did not
even test it yet.
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "grub-customizer".
> * Package name : grub-customizer
> Version : 2.1.2
I started to look at the 2.1.2-3 on mentors.d.n, I hope that's more or less
your recent build.
* There's a debian/patches/debian-changes-2.1-1 in the package which looks
a bit scarry with all those XML in it. Looks like mostly Eclipse meta
data except for grub-customizer-2.1/src/config.h.
Ideally get rid of it. IMHO the .project directory shouldn't be part of
the upstream release.
* Why urgency=medium? There's no reason for it.
* You should be safe with a debhelper compat level 8.
* There's a spurious debhelper.log, just delete it.
* The last number in the standards-version can be omitted, should be now
3.9.2. Please read the upgrade-checklist when updating.
* I currently don't see a reason why you depend on 'menu' but maybe I've
* The watch file doesn't work.
* Since there are copyright notes for the translations, please note them
* Please avoid the direct linking where possible, usually some LDFLAGS
should be enough. (see the dpkg-shlibdeps warnings at the end of the build)
* If this tool is only compatible with grub2 maybe the .desktop file
should talk about grub2 instead of grub? (I've no idea about the
official terminology used by the grub devs)
And I don't know much, but I do know this:
With a golden heart comes a rebel fist.
[ Streetlight Manifesto - Here's To Life ]