Re: RFC/RFS: hg-fast-export

On Sun, Apr 10, 2011 at 06:30:20AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> Is there no git-svn style way to interact with hg repos through git?
From the docs:

The way the hg API and remote access protocol is designed it is not
possible to use hg-fast-export on remote repositories
(http/ssh). First clone the repository, then convert it.

And I haven't seen yet another software which can be used instead of
hg-fast-export (see also
https://git.wiki.kernel.org/index.php/Interfaces,_frontends,_and_tools#Mercurial
).

> Having a separate hg repo that I have to deal with is a bit sub-optimal,
> I'd prefer a hypothetical git-hg to create the hg repo under .git and
> manage it for me when I do `git fetch` or whatever.
Well, there is https://github.com/offbytwo/git-hg , it is a 120-lines
shell script which uses (bundled) hg-fast-export and seems to create a hg
repo at .git/hgcheckout, but I didn't try it.

--
WBR, wRAR