Re: RFS: weboob

On 2011-04-05 12:04:00 Christophe Benz wrote:
>boobank    - Bank accounts console tool
>boobmsg    - Read and post messages on websites from console
>havesex    - Sexual life swiss-knife
>monboob    - Email proxy for websites containing messages
>qboobmsg   - Read and post messages on websites - Qt GUI
>qhavesex   - Sexual life swiss-knife - Qt GUI
>wetboobs   - Weather forecast search tool

I can't help but think that these package names and descriptions might be
offensive to parts of the Debian community.  Would Debian really be serving
it's users by including these packages as is?

havesex and qhavesex could be renamed weboob-dating and weboob-qdating, since
they are for dating sites in general and don't seem to have use during sexual
acts, only for scheduling them.

Some of the others can simply have a "boob" -> "weboob" substitution done to
them to make them less potentially offensive, IMO.

I'm not sure this is the best forum to discuss this, and I could certainly be
wrong.  In an attempt to avoid a flamewar, I will endeavor to make this my
last post in this thread.  I believe I've said my piece.