Re: RFS: polygraph

Hi Dmitry,

Thanks a lot for the very quick reply.

[...]
> Thanks for review.
>
> Note that the package has been already uploaded by Tollef Fog Heen.

Oh, I must have missed that message, sorry.

[...]
> I see how the non-standard preamble can make licensing checking harder
> (though, I do not consider it extremly hard). Do you use some tool for
> license checking?

Indeed, it's the licensecheck tool. And indeed you'd be putting quite a lot less
work on reviewers if some auto-checkable header were used.

> Can you please explain how non-standard preamble violates the license
> terms? I do not see any requirements on the preamble format in the
> Apache license text. Note that the appendix which describes it goes
> after the "END OF TERMS AND CONDITIONS" line.
>
> Do you argue that non-standard preamble renders the package not
> apropriate for Debian?

I'm not sure. ftp-master will tell you, but you are probably right that this
appendix is not part of the license and hence can safely be ignored. ftp-masters
will let you know :-)

> > - Your package fails to build:
> >
> > Ssl.cc: In constructor ‘SslCtx::SslCtx(SslCtx::SslProtocol, const String&)’:
> > Ssl.cc:33:27: error: ‘::SSLv2_method’ has not been declared
> >
> > Other than that the package looks fine to me, but given this FTBFS this review
> > remains very incomplete.
> >

> Yep, I am aware of the issue. It was broken by OpenSSL 1.0 upload to
> unstable. SSLv2 is disabled now, hence the build failure. See Debian bug
> #589706 [1]. The package was building fine in unstable just few days
> ago. I will prepare a new package soon.

[...]

Ok, as it has been uploaded already and you are aware of that problem that's ok
then.

Thanks a lot for your work,
Michael