Re: what if upstream provides debian build directory

On Fri, Mar 18, 2011 at 08:21:44PM +0100, Harald Dunkel wrote:
> What is Debian's policy, if upstream provides its own debian directory
> or package build procedure?
[...]
> Of course I checked Debian's Policy Manual, but AFAICS this subject
> has been successfully ignored by now. Any helpful comment would be
> highly appreciated.

Not ignored at all... maintainers who find an upstream debian
directory getting in the way (and who are unable to successfully
convince upstream of the inconvenience) usually either repackage the
upstream source to remove it, or use v3 packaging format which
clears and replaces it with the contents of the maintainer's files
when unpacking.
--
{ IRL(Jeremy_Stanley); WWW(http://fungi.yuggoth.org/); PGP(43495829);
WHOIS(STANL3-ARIN); SMTP(fungi@yuggoth.org); FINGER(fungi@yuggoth.org);