Re: RFS: boodler

2011/3/8 David Banks <amoebae@gmail.com>:
> Hi Artem,
>
> On 08/03/11 05:07, Артём Попов wrote:
>>
>> The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
>> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
>> main contrib non-free
>> - dget
>> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/b/boodler/boodler_2.0.4-1.dsc
>
> Thanks for the package!
>
> I'm not a DD, so I can't upload your package (sorry), but I had problems
> building it in Sid.  Cowbuilder can't build it in a freshly created chroot.
>  I attach the full log but the relevant part is this:

>  libjack0: Conflicts: libjack-0.116 which is a virtual package.
>  libjack-jackd2-0: Conflicts: libjack-0.116 which is a virtual package.
>                    Conflicts: libjack0 but 1:0.120.1+svn4142-1 is to be
> installed.
>  pbuilder-satisfydepends-dummy: Depends: libmp3lame-dev which is a virtual
> package.

2011/3/8 David Banks <amoebae@gmail.com>:
> Hi Artem,
>
> On 08/03/11 05:07, Артём Попов wrote:
>>
>> The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
>> - Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable
>> main contrib non-free
>> - dget
>> http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/b/boodler/boodler_2.0.4-1.dsc
>
> Thanks for the package!
>
> I'm not a DD, so I can't upload your package (sorry), but I had problems
> building it in Sid.  Cowbuilder can't build it in a freshly created chroot.
>  I attach the full log but the relevant part is this:

>  libjack0: Conflicts: libjack-0.116 which is a virtual package.
>  libjack-jackd2-0: Conflicts: libjack-0.116 which is a virtual package.
>                    Conflicts: libjack0 but 1:0.120.1+svn4142-1 is to be
> installed.
>  pbuilder-satisfydepends-dummy: Depends: libmp3lame-dev which is a virtual
> package.

Hello David,

Thanks for testing it, indeed, I had an ambiguous jack dependency,
which is now resolved by putting libjack-jackd2-dev BEFORE
libbiojack0-dev. Otherwise it just refuses to build with the above
error. I didn't know Build-Depends should be ordered. Guess it's a bug
in biojack anyway, have to look at it closer.

libmp3lame-dev was present on my Ubuntu system, so I assumed it should
be in Debian as well. My mistake. I removed the mp3 driver completely,
and the dependency is gone.

The package is in a better shape now. Dear mentors, please look at it again.

Best regards,
--Artem