Re: RFS: piwik

On Sun, Mar 06, 2011 at 05:00:47PM +0100, Fabrizio Regalli wrote:
> Il giorno sab, 05/03/2011 alle 23.56 +0100, Christoph Egger ha scritto:
[...]
> > There are some compiled files like
> > libs/open-flash-chart/open-flash-chart.swf that come without source and
> > are not build from source during package build. Please fix that (or put
> > the package on non-free)
> >

> Hi Christoph,
>
> I think the easy way is to move the package to non-free section.
> Not sure about the package name: it should be piwik-nonfree?
> (something like flashplugin-nonfree or others)
> I've update the package on mentors.
> Thank you for your revision.
>
> Regards
> Fabrizio.

Hello,

There are three flash files in piwik, two of them have source code, the
third one might not be that important...
However you might need tools outside debian to build them...
 - plugins/UserCountryMap/PiwikMap.swf
   This one is part of piwik code see [1],
   it seams to be build using flashdevlop [2].
 - libs/open-flash-chart/open-flash-chart.swf
   This one claim on its website that it is open source [3] !
   There is actually a copy in piwik repos [4] (could be nice to see if
   they changed anything, as open-flash-chart could be a separate
   package) seams to also build with flashdevlop.
 - ./libs/swfobject/expressInstall.swf
   That seams to come from Adobe... but it only seams to be a
   placeholder when user don't have the proper flash version to ask him
   to download flash... So it could probably be removed...

 1: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/browser/worldmap/trunk/mapRenderer
 2: http://www.flashdevelop.org/wikidocs/index.php?title=Main_Page
 3: http://teethgrinder.co.uk/open-flash-chart/index.php
 4: http://dev.piwik.org/trac/browser/open-flash-chart/trunk

I remember some discussion about building flash on debian, when the bugs
to remove the compiled .swf for squeeze (maybe [5]...). From that
discussion I guess 'mtask' [6] could be one tool you need...

 5: http://lists.debian.org/debian-devel/2010/08/msg00082.html
 6: http://packages.debian.org/mtasc

So to conclude, that's certainly not the _easy_ way, but it could be the
best way ;)

Looking forward to see piwik in debian.

Hope this helps,

Best Regards,