Re: RFS: piwik

On Mon, 2011-03-07 at 10:17 +0100, Julien Viard de Galbert wrote:
> On Sun, Mar 06, 2011 at 05:00:47PM +0100, Fabrizio Regalli wrote:
> > Il giorno sab, 05/03/2011 alle 23.56 +0100, Christoph Egger ha scritto:
> [...]
> > >
> > > There are some compiled files like
> > > libs/open-flash-chart/open-flash-chart.swf that come without source and
> > > are not build from source during package build. Please fix that (or put
> > > the package on non-free)
> > >

> > Hi Christoph,
> >
> > I think the easy way is to move the package to non-free section.
> > Not sure about the package name: it should be piwik-nonfree?
> > (something like flashplugin-nonfree or others)
> > I've update the package on mentors.
> > Thank you for your revision.
> >
> > Regards
> > Fabrizio.
> >

> Hello,
>
> There are three flash files in piwik, two of them have source code, the
> third one might not be that important...
> However you might need tools outside debian to build them...
>  - plugins/UserCountryMap/PiwikMap.swf
>    This one is part of piwik code see [1],
>    it seams to be build using flashdevlop [2].
>  - libs/open-flash-chart/open-flash-chart.swf
>    This one claim on its website that it is open source [3] !
>    There is actually a copy in piwik repos [4] (could be nice to see if
>    they changed anything, as open-flash-chart could be a separate
>    package) seams to also build with flashdevlop.
>  - ./libs/swfobject/expressInstall.swf
>    That seams to come from Adobe... but it only seams to be a
>    placeholder when user don't have the proper flash version to ask him
>    to download flash... So it could probably be removed...

Hi Julien and Holger,

thanks for your reply.
One solution could be to create a separate .deb for open flash chart
For PiwikMap.swf file my only idea is to talk with piwik developers for
asking them if there are some .as (or other sources) availables

What do you think about that?

Thanks again.
Regards,
Fabrizio.