Re: upstream source with debian directory

Hi Paul

On Wed, Feb 23, 2011 at 07:48:13AM +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
> If you weren't using git I would say use dpkg-source v3 which removes
> any upstream debian/ dir during the unpack process.

Well using v3 format does indeed solve the problem for the user which is not a
bad thing either :-).

> With git I'm not sure but I'd be inclined to just resolve conflicts,
> continue the merge and maybe send upstream some patches.

I have also access to the upstream git tree so (after discussion with the main
maintainers) I may merge the changes myself.

> Now that
> upstream is also using git you can probably just switch from
> git-import-orig to git pull and pristine-tar.

You don't have some Howto lying around making going into the detail in here?

> --
> bye,
> pabs

Thanks for your help