Re: RFS: abi-compliance-checker (updated package)

* Jérémy Lal <kapouer@melix.org>, 2011-02-23, 18:14:
The only change not agreed nor really necessary is the move to 3.0 quilt format, but since there are no debian/patches,

Uhm, so what's the point of that change, then?

it shouldn't bother anyone.

Doing unneeded and unacknowledged changes in an NMU surely bothers me.

Is #568655 going to be addressed? I see you changed "XML descriptors" to "XML-like descriptors" in one place, but added "XML descriptors" in a few other. Also, most changes to the manual pages are not documented in the changelog.

You bumped standards version. This is not documented in the changelog.

Changes to Vcs-* fields are not documented either.

s/type on/typo in/

debdiff for the upstream part, even ignoring whitespace-only changes, looks like this:

 .directory                |    4
 CHANGES.html              |  424 +
 DESCRIPTOR.html           |  437 +
 LICENSE                   |  339 -
 LICENSE.txt               |  828 ++
 README.html               |  218
 abi-compliance-checker.pl |13161 ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++----------------

Could you gently suggest the author that putting 10 Klines of Perl into a single file might be not the best idea?

Jakub Wilk