Re: RFS: libmk4-2

Hi Bastien,

On 2011-02-24 15:07, Bastien ROUCARIES wrote:
> Version         : 2.4.9.7-1

> It builds these binary packages:
> libmk4-2   - MetaKit embeddable database -- shared libraries
> libmk4-2-dbg - debugging symbols for libmk4
> libmk4-2-dev - MetaKit embeddable database -- development files

I think it would be better to use same description style for
libmk4-2-dbg, e.g. "MetaKit embeddable database -- debug symbols"

> My motivation for maintaining this package is: - I have a boring bugs
> on akregator that is akregator use metakit embeded on it 613522.  - I
> have corrected and submitted a patch for fixing this bug on metakit
> upstream (return an exception of corrupted file) - Plan to fix
> akregator

Do you intend to maintain this library in Debian if/after this fix for
akregator is uploaded?

> Please note I have used last version on svn as base, because upstream
> will not release new version for fixing these kind of bugs.

This is a worrying thing. They did the last release on June 2007. They
consider it stable despite (presumably) long-known crash bug. Looks like
an abandonware. Do they have any bugzilla? Will they fix (other) severe
bugs if there will be any?

C++/Perl developer, Debian Developer