RFS: mdk (adopted, updated the packaging a lot)

Dear mentors,

I am looking for a sponsor for the new version 1.2.3-2
of my package "mdk".  I am hereby trying to adopt the package and
refresh its packaging a lot; I've left the update to newer upstream
versions for the next uploads.

It builds a single binary packages:
mdk        - MIX Development Kit

It has been tested with lintian and pbuilder.

The upload would fix these bugs: 482633 (ITA).

dget -x http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/m/mdk/mdk_1.2.3-2.dsc

JFYI, here's my adoption changelog entry:

mdk (1.2.3-2) unstable; urgency=low

  * New maintainer.  Closes: #482633
  * Convert to the 3.0 (quilt) source format, breaking out Cyril Brulebois's
    change into a patch.
  * Remove the XS- before the Vcs-Git and Vcs-Browser source control fields.
  * Move the Homepage out of the long description.
  * Add misc:Depends to the binary package.
  * Convert the copyright file to the latest revision of the DEP 5 candidate
    and add my copyright notice.
  * Reformat the GFDL news entry to remove the asterisk.
  * Refresh the use of debhelper:
    - bump the compatibility level to 8
    - minimize the rules file using debhelper overrides
    - turn off verbose mode by default
  * Bump Standards-Version to 3.9.1 with no further changes.
  * Use dpkg-buildflags from dpkg-dev 1.15.7 to obtain the default CPPFLAGS,
    CFLAGS and LDFLAGS.
  * Use "dh --with autotools_dev" to handle config.guess and config.sub.
  * Add -Werror to the compiler flags if the non-standard "werror" build
    option is specified.
  * Add the 02-warnings patch to fix a couple of compiler warnings.
  * Harden the build unless the non-standard "nohardening" build option is
    specified.
  * Pass --as-needed to the linker to cut down on library dependencies.
  * Add manual page stubs for gmixvm, mixasm, mixguile and mixvm.
  * Add the 03-cppcheck patch to fix some problems revealed by cppcheck.
  * Remove the postinst.debhelper, postrm.debhelper and prerm.debhelper files;
    I'm not sure whether they should ever have been tracked in a VCS.
  * In the 01-gtk-deprecated patch, also remove the G_DISABLE_DEPRECATED
    definition - GLib 2.26 deprecates the completion functions.

 -- Peter Pentchev <roam@ringlet.net>  Mon, 21 Feb 2011 13:26:46 +0200

G'luck,
Peter

--
Peter Pentchev	roam@ringlet.net roam@FreeBSD.org peter@packetscale.com
"yields falsehood, when appended to its quotation." yields falsehood, when appended to its quotation.