RFS: basex - XML database and XPath/XQuery processor

Hi all,

I am looking for a sponsor for the package "basex".

BaseX is a native XML database and XPath/XQuery processor written entirely in Java.
Besides it supports the latest W3C Full Text and Update Recommendations.
BaseX can be operated from command line, in client/server mode, or using a GUI.

  Package name    : basex
  Version         : 6.5.1-1ubuntu1~ppa3
  Upstream Author : Christian Gruen et al.
  URL             : http://www.basex.org
  License         : BSD
  Section         : database

My motivation for maintaining this package is:

* apt-cache search xquery
  should provide more results than just galax, saxon, and xqilla.
  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XML_database gives an overview and this package fills a gap.

* BaseX is especially useful when learning XPath/XQuery.
  BaseX offers a very nice and interactive XQuery Editor and XML visualizations
  Screenshots: http://basex.org/products/gui/

* I'm part of the developer team and I'm sure I can convince the guys to make BaseX as Debian compliant as possible.

* Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
* dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/b/basex/basex_6.5.1-1ubuntu1~ppa3.dsc

 BaseX is a very fast and light-weight, yet powerful XML database and
 XPath/XQuery processor, including support for the latest W3C Full Text and
 Update Recommendations. It supports large XML instances and offers a highly
 interactive front-end (basexgui). Apart from two local standalone modes, BaseX
 offers a client/server architecture.
 .
 The package provides following commands:
  * basexgui  .......  Standalone local XML database.
                           Graphical User Interface (GUI) mode.
                           Includes data visualizations and XQuery editor.
  * basex  ..........  Standalone local XML database. Command line mode.
  * basexserver  ....  XML database server
  * basexclient  ....  XML database client
Homepage: http://basex.org

Kind regards
	Alex