RFS: basex - XML database and XPath/XQuery processor
I am looking for a sponsor for the package "basex".
BaseX is a native XML database and XPath/XQuery processor written entirely in Java.
Besides it supports the latest W3C Full Text and Update Recommendations.
BaseX can be operated from command line, in client/server mode, or using a GUI.
Package name : basex
Version : 6.5.1-1ubuntu1~ppa3
Upstream Author : Christian Gruen et al.
URL : http://www.basex.org
License : BSD
Section : database
The package appears to be lintian clean.
My motivation for maintaining this package is:
* apt-cache search xquery
should provide more results than just galax, saxon, and xqilla.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/XML_database gives an overview and this package fills a gap.
* BaseX is especially useful when learning XPath/XQuery.
BaseX offers a very nice and interactive XQuery Editor and XML visualizations
* I'm part of the developer team and I'm sure I can convince the guys to make BaseX as Debian compliant as possible.
The package can be found on mentors.debian.net:
* URL: http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/b/basex
* Source repository: deb-src http://mentors.debian.net/debian unstable main contrib non-free
* dget http://mentors.debian.net/debian/pool/main/b/basex/basex_6.5.1-1ubuntu1~ppa3.dsc
Description: XML database and XPath/XQuery processor
BaseX is a very fast and light-weight, yet powerful XML database and
XPath/XQuery processor, including support for the latest W3C Full Text and
Update Recommendations. It supports large XML instances and offers a highly
interactive front-end (basexgui). Apart from two local standalone modes, BaseX
offers a client/server architecture.
The package provides following commands:
* basexgui ....... Standalone local XML database.
Graphical User Interface (GUI) mode.
Includes data visualizations and XQuery editor.
* basex .......... Standalone local XML database. Command line mode.
* basexserver .... XML database server
* basexclient .... XML database client
I would be glad if someone uploaded this package for me.