Re: RFS: tomb

Hi Denis,

Jaromil wrote:
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "tomb".
>
> * Package name    : tomb
>   Version         : 0.9.0
>   Upstream Author : Denis Roio <jaromil@dyne.org>
> * URL             : http://tomb.dyne.org/
> * License         : GPLv3
>   Programming Lang: C, Shell
>   Description     : crypto undertaker
>
> It builds this binary package:
> tomb - crypto undertaker
>
> The upload would fix these bugs: 611660

I was unfortunately not able to build your package in a clean sid
chroot:

  [...]
  checking for GTK2... configure: error: *** Gtk+2 >=2.16 development files not found!
  make: *** [debian/stamp-autotools] Error 1
  dpkg-buildpackage: error: debian/rules build gave error exit status 2
  E: Failed autobuilding of package

Check your build dependencies, and also note that you shouldn't
explicitly depend on libraries: linking is automatically detected and
the necessary libraries are added to ${shlibs:Depends}.

I would also change your Recommends to a Suggests [1].

[1] http://www.debian.org/doc/debian-policy/ch-relationships.html#s-binarydeps

Another suggestion: since DEP-5 [2] is probably going to become policy,
it's recommended to use this format for the debian/copyright file in new
packages.

[2] http://dep.debian.net/deps/dep5/

Also, your debian/patches/debian-changes-0.9.1-1 patch is creating
several files, and making a bunch of other changes; since you're
upstream, it doesn't seem like it's intended.

Finally, "licensecheck -r tomb-0.9.1" reports some missing or incomplete
copyright headers; as upstream you can easily fix those.

> Thanks in advance for any suggestions on how to solve the problem in
> this package signaled by lintian about the creation of an empty dir
> (/usr/sbin): I couldn't find a solution for it so far.

In debian/dirs, you're instructing debhelper to create a usr/sbin
directory, but I guess you're not installing any file in it.

Thanks for your work.

Cheers,

--
Benoît Knecht