Re: Creating a user/group for a package

On 30/01/11 03:02, The Fungi wrote:
[...]
> This has been discussed to death in years past, but it's generally
> considered more dangerous to delete accounts in package management
> than to leave them behind.

That's fine by me; less work!

I've done this; thanks. Although I might suggest that the next edition
of the NMG could usually have a discussion of the issue and recommended
best practices.

(I have since found some useful code snippets in the Securing Debian
Manual, but it's not an obvious place to look.)

│
│ "I have a mind like a steel trap. It's rusty and full of dead mice."
│ --- Anonymous, on rasfc