Re: RFS: light-themes

On 24.01.2011 23:48, Adnan Hodzic wrote:

>> Aside from that, the package has a dependency on
>> gtk2-engines-murrine (>= 0.90.3+git20100810) which can't be satisfied.
>> Do you need the git snapshot version of murrine and if so are you working on
>> getting the package updated?
>
> That package is in Ubuntu, and I have it built locally, that package
> is needed in order for this whole theme to be displayed properly since
> it highly relies on this version of Murrine engine. I would need this
> version in Debian, should I push this version of murrine to
> experimental as well marking it as "fix for a package already in
> Debian" or?

You should first get the necessary prerequisites into Debian, otherwise it is
impossible (or at least unnecessarily hard) to test your package.

So yes, you should first get a sufficient version of gtk2-engines-murrine into
Debian (at the current stage, experimental is your only choice). Ask Yves-Alexis
if he is willing to do that and/or if you can help him.

universe are pointed away from Earth?