Re: Re: RFS: faenza-icon-theme

Le mardi 25 janv. 2011 à 00:08:16 (+0100), Adnan Hodzic a écrit :
> On 24.01.2011 20:31, Julien Valroff wrote:
>
> > As I use this icon theme, I had a quick look at your package, here are my
> > comments.
>
> > Why have you chosen to repack the upstream tarball?
>
> I didn't see a reason why not to :-/

It's usually better to avoid repacking upstream tarball…
It also saves you work when updating the package.

You might also want to talk to upstream so that they change their tarball if
you can think of something better.

[...]

> > Your package doesn't set the distributor-logo nor the start-here icon, which
> > might be nice to have.
>
> I hardcoded start-here icon to Debian icon, both theme displays Debian
> start-here icons.

I would prefer you do that either when building the package (in
debian/rules) or after installing it (debian/postinst).

Another alternative would be to patch the upstream installation script, and
submit the patch to upstream. That might actually be the best thing to do
provided you manage to write a script which can work for both installation
methods (ie. by hand or through a package build).

Cheers,
Julien

--
  ,''`.  Julien Valroff ~ <julien@kirya.net> ~ <julien@debian.org>
 : :' :  Debian Developer & Free software contributor