Re: RFS: piwik

El dg 23 de 01 de 2011 a les 13:34 +0100, en/na Fabrizio Regalli va
escriure:
> Hi,
>

> Il giorno sab, 22/01/2011 alle 18.28 +0100, Mònica Ramírez Arceda ha
> scritto:
> > Hi,
> >
> > El dv 21 de 01 de 2011 a les 18:30 +0100, en/na Fabrizio Regalli va
> > escriure:
> > > Dear mentors,
> > >
> > > I am looking for a sponsor for my package "piwik".
> > >
> > > * Package name    : piwik
> > >   Version         : 1.1.1-1
> > >   Upstream Author : Fabrizio Regalli <fabreg@fabreg.it>
> > > * URL             : http://www.piwik.org
> > > * License         : GPL v3
> > >   Section         : web
> > >
> > > It builds these binary packages:
> > > piwik      - Open source web analytics
> >
> > I am not a DD, so I can't upload your package, but I've taken a quick
> > look to it.
> >

> Thank you.
>
> > > The package appears to be lintian clean.
> >
> > * There're some lintian messages that maybe you can solve:
> >
> > I: piwik source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
> > I: piwik: extended-description-is-probably-too-short
> > P: piwik: no-upstream-changelog
> > W: piwik: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/piwik/plugins/UserSettings/images/os/WP7.gif
> > W: piwik: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/piwik/plugins/UserSettings/images/os/W61.gif
> > W: piwik: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/piwik/plugins/UserSettings/images/os/W65.gif
> > W: piwik: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/piwik/plugins/UserSettings/images/os/MAE.gif
> > O: piwik: embedded-php-library usr/share/piwik/libs/Smarty/Smarty.class.php
> > O: piwik: embedded-php-library usr/share/piwik/libs/Smarty/Smarty_Compiler.class.php
> > I: piwik: package-contains-empty-directory usr/share/piwik/libs/Zend/Feed/Pubsubhubbub/Http/
> > I: piwik: package-contains-empty-directory usr/share/piwik/tmp/
>
> Locally, on my workstation, I see only the two "O:" for overraiding

I use these lintian options:  -i -I --show-overrides --pedantic
I think you only need to clean lintian errors (E) in order that your
package is accepted in Debian, but it's always better to try to clean as
much as possible :-)

> > * debian/LICENSE: where do you use this file?
>
> This file is a part of the origial package.

Why it is in debian dir?

> > * README and debian/README.Debian are the same file. You can remove
> > debian/README.Debian because it says nothing relevant to Debian.
>
> Not exactly: are quite similar but not the same. In README.Debian there
> is a configuration part related to mysql.

Oh, yes, it's true! :-)

I think you don't need to duplicate information. I mean that I think you
should only write the differences for Debian in README.Debian.

Moreover I just find out that you install all your docs through
debian/install file. It'd be better using debian/docs file.

> Thank you very much for your review!

It's a pleasure, I love helping!
Mònica