Re: RFS: piwik

Hi,

El dv 21 de 01 de 2011 a les 18:30 +0100, en/na Fabrizio Regalli va
escriure:
> Dear mentors,
>
> I am looking for a sponsor for my package "piwik".
>
> * Package name    : piwik
>   Version         : 1.1.1-1
>   Upstream Author : Fabrizio Regalli <fabreg@fabreg.it>
> * URL             : http://www.piwik.org
> * License         : GPL v3
>   Section         : web
>
> It builds these binary packages:
> piwik      - Open source web analytics

I am not a DD, so I can't upload your package, but I've taken a quick
look to it.

* There're some lintian messages that maybe you can solve:

I: piwik source: debian-watch-file-is-missing
I: piwik: extended-description-is-probably-too-short
P: piwik: no-upstream-changelog
W: piwik: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/piwik/plugins/UserSettings/images/os/WP7.gif
W: piwik: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/piwik/plugins/UserSettings/images/os/W61.gif
W: piwik: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/piwik/plugins/UserSettings/images/os/W65.gif
W: piwik: executable-not-elf-or-script ./usr/share/piwik/plugins/UserSettings/images/os/MAE.gif
O: piwik: embedded-php-library usr/share/piwik/libs/Smarty/Smarty.class.php
O: piwik: embedded-php-library usr/share/piwik/libs/Smarty/Smarty_Compiler.class.php
I: piwik: package-contains-empty-directory usr/share/piwik/libs/Zend/Feed/Pubsubhubbub/Http/
I: piwik: package-contains-empty-directory usr/share/piwik/tmp/

* lintian overrides: Your comment says

 # The smarty lib is also modified. We will use the one provided by the package

I think it's not a good idea to have duplicated libraries because of
security issues. But if you need to change the library source code,
maybe there is a better way to do it. Someone else knows what to do in
these cases?

* debian/install: some lines have absolute path and others relative
path. Absolute paths are wrong: you should convert absolute paths to
relative.

* you get the patch debian/patches/debian-changes-1.1.1-1 because you've
included two files in config/ of upstream. You also have these files in
debian/conf. I don't understand this duplication.

If the patch is necessary, you should comment the header of this patch,
and maybe rename it with a suitable name.

* debian/rules: you sholudn't indent your comments if you don't want to
be verbose during building.

* postinst/postrm: indent left first level "if"'s.

* debian/LICENSE: where do you use this file?

* README and debian/README.Debian are the same file. You can remove
debian/README.Debian because it says nothing relevant to Debian.

I haven't tested the application and I think a deeper review is needed
by a developer with more experience than me (and a review of my review
is also appreciated!).

I hope my advices are helpful.

Mònica