Re: would like review of my polipo-tor packaging

On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 11:20:29PM -0500, Scott Howard wrote:
> Hello- non-DD review. I haven't built it yet but there are some quick
> cosmetic things to do first:

Thanks so much for the feedback!  I'll look into doing these next time
I get some spare brain cycles.

> Standards-Version: 3.8.4 should be 3.9.1

I used the dh tools to make this, and I've seen debuild complain
about this, but really didn't know what I should be doing in this
case - funny thing is, both tools were up-to-date from teh ubuntu
repo.  Is a text edit in order, or something else need doing?

> I haven't read the details of your package - it seems to install
> configurations and sets up a log directory. I'm not familiar with
> these packages, but is a separate package to set up this configuration
> necessary - or is there a way you can include this functionality in
> existing packages (or maybe add a new binary package to existing
> packages instead of a new source package)?

It basically installs polipo as a prereq, and then sets up a parallel
polipo instance to forward through tor.  This isn't ideal, but allows
debuntu users to avoid having to set them up manually.

I doubt the package will make it into the debian repo, since the
prereqs aren't even there - TOR hasn't gotten their act together
yet.  So not sure if merging everything into one changelog makes
sense yet.  It's certainly been in my repo for a while, and been
through a couple of changes.

Thanks again, and hoping some Debian Devs will look @ it too,
Travis
--
Effing the ineffable since 1997. | http://www.subspacefield.org/~travis/
My emails do not usually have attachments; it's a digital signature