Re: RFS: openteacher

On Tue, Jan 18, 2011 at 06:35:42PM +0530, Arvind S Raj wrote:

> Their development happens in launchpad but they release new source packages
> in sourceforge-at least the new version was released there. *Also, a new
> version was released-2.0. It's no longer in beta. So, I will be packaging
> that from scratch now.*

Ahh, that's good.  Hint for the watch file.  You can use SourceForge
redirector which should lock somethink LIKE (the suggestions does NOT
work!!!) this:

version=3
http://sf.net/openteacher/openteacher-(.*)\.tgz

Just use the correct strings here and try

   uscan --verbose

if it fetches the latest upstream.

> > If you would decide for a Vcs location at Alioth I could have a look...
> >

> I have registered a project under the name openteacher at alioth. Awaiting
> review of the administrators.

Hmmm, a separate alioth project is most probably real overkill.  Why not
simply using

   Vcs-Git: git://git.debian.org/collab-maint/openteacher.git

(as it was metioned in your debian/control file) or

   Vcs-Svn: svn://svn.debian.org/svn/collab-maint/ext-maint/openteacher/trunk/

if you prefer SVN???  The purpose of collab-maint is described in the Wiki
(sorry, I assumed you know this because it was just in your control file):

   http://wiki.debian.org/CollaborativeMaintenance
   http://wiki.debian.org/Alioth/PackagingProject

> I will update the watch page in the new packaging that I will upload soon as

See above for the watch file.

Kind regards

     Andreas.

--