Re: Review of pev

2011/1/11 Fernando Mercês <nandu88@gmail.com>:
> Hello, Scott.
>
> I have read in the Mentor's wiki that is a good idea ask for help here
> before upload the package. ;)
> If it's not the common way, please let me know.

The mentors wiki says that you should ask people here for a review
before uploading to the official Debian repositories. However, you can
(and should) upload your source packages somewhere like
mentors.debian.net before asking people on this list for a review.
Uploading to mentors.debian.net is just a temporary unofficial
repository we use on this list to download perspective packages for
review. In fact, after uploading your package, it will give you a well
formatted email to use on this list when trying to find a sponsor.

Posting a tar.gz like you did is acceptable, but it is more convenient
for sponsors to use something like mentors.debian.net (also known as
m.d.n). You want to make it as easily as possible for a sponsor to
review your package.

Thanks for your contribution, good luck!

Cheers,
Scott