Re: shared library packaging

Heyho!

On Thursday 05 August 2010 21.57:06 Michael Tautschnig wrote:
> Current dpkg (versions in testing and unstable) has a
> version of dpkg-gensymbols that supports symbol tags, including the "c++"
> tag.

Ah.  Yes, RTFM, but the dpkg-gensymbols manpage is refeerence documentation
and not easy to read if I only have a very basic understanding of symbol
stuff.  Once I realized that dpkg-gensymbols is called internally from
dh_mkshlibs, I admit I stopped...

anyway, thanks a lot.  Simon, to you too, for your explanation.

cheers
-- vbi

--
Would ye both eat your cake and have your cake?
		-- John Heywood