Re: My pending RFSs (xpdf) -- patch update suggestion

Hi there, Osamu.

On Jul 17 2010, Osamu Aoki wrote:
> ===  xpdf-zoom-height.patch  ===
> I worked on this patch issue and got this fixed.

I guess that, due to timezone issues, you pulled the trigger faster than
I could look into this issue, but that's great. :-)

> I realize you have alioth git repo but it was just debian directory
> only and it is not well tagged either by missing releases.  Since git
> is light, why not have upstream and pristine-tar committed?

That is my preference also (and I also like the use of git-dch, but I
don't know about Michael[1][2]).

[1] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=580621#94
[2] http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=580621#102

> Also in order to get full picture of changes you made, I imported
> previous stable and published packages as much into git repo on my
> user account as:
>
>   http://git.debian.org/?p=users/osamu/xpdf.git
>   git://alioth.debian.org/git/users/osamu/xpdf.git  (for you to pull)
>
> Now it is -9.

Great.

> xpdf (3.02-9) unstable; urgency=low
>
>   * Reactivate zoomFitHeight properly by merging it into fix-580495.patch.
>   * Set VCS-* and Uploaders fields.
>
>  -- Osamu Aoki <osamu@debian.org>  Sat, 17 Jul 2010 16:00:23 +0900
>
> Question: Can I upload as this?

As far as I know, it would be Michael's desire to get this ASAP into the
archives.

> PS: If you agree, can we replace proper git repo with my user one?  then
>     workin on updates become easier.  If there are change history
>     data between 3.02-2 to 3.0-5 and 3.0-7 even as uploaded packkage,
>     recreating readable history was a bit easier.

Do you mean copying yours to the collab-maint repo? If yes, then I can't
see any problems with that, and I think that Michael would be appreciate
of that. :-)

Regards,

--
Rogério Brito : rbrito@{ime.usp.br,gmail.com} : GPG key 1024D/7C2CAEB8