Re: RFS: synergy-plus (a fork of synergy which is maintained)

2010/6/23 Clément Lorteau <clem@lorteau.fr>:

> Synergy's a great tool but has not been maintained for years and bugs
> are stacking up. Fortunately, the good people of the Synergy+ project
> forked and maintain it well. Having this package into Debian (and
> Ubuntu) would be a relief to all those who Synergy bugs are bothering
> every day.

Why not just upload synergy+ as synergy?

Do we really need 2 copies of synergy in the archive?

sf.net allows abandoned project takeovers so why did Synergy+ folks
not just take over synergy2.sf.net? Synergy+ folks look like they want
to merge back, so you might want to suggest that they take over
synergy.

http://code.google.com/p/synergy-plus/wiki/UserFAQ#Q._What%27s_the_difference_between_Synergy+_and_original_Syne
http://sourceforge.net/apps/trac/sourceforge/wiki/Abandoned%20Project%20Takeovers

--