Re: RFS: egroupware (fixes critical bug)

Le dimanche 20 juin 2010 10:27:12, Thomas Koch a écrit :
> Hi Lars,
>
> I know you'll hate me for this, but I'd like to suggest to drop eGroupWare
> from Debian. You may have invested a lot of time in the package by now.
>
> eGroupWare has been the first Open Source project I've been involved with
> back in 2006. I stopped working with eGroupWare because the code quality
> of the project was unbearable. Some time later two core contributors
> founded the tine project for the same reason. - eGroupWare itself started
> as a fork from the ancient phpGroupWare, also in some conflict I don't
> know enough about.
>
> eGroupWare is an ancient codebase from the beginnings of PHP (version 3?).
> For everything that people hate about PHP you can find examples in
> eGroupWare's codebase. It's a pain to develop or maintain this. Nobody
> should recommend eGroupWare to anyone. Debian should not ship it.

I agree with you that the eGroupware's code is not perfect, but as I know Tine
only uses ActiveSync to synchronise... So there is no GroupDAV sync with
Kontact, no SyncML sync with phones... That's the main reason why I'm still
using eGroupware.

--
Laurent Léonard