Re: RFS: egroupware (fixes critical bug)

Hi Lars,

I know you'll hate me for this, but I'd like to suggest to drop eGroupWare
from Debian. You may have invested a lot of time in the package by now.

eGroupWare has been the first Open Source project I've been involved with back
in 2006. I stopped working with eGroupWare because the code quality of the
project was unbearable. Some time later two core contributors founded the tine
project for the same reason. - eGroupWare itself started as a fork from the
ancient phpGroupWare, also in some conflict I don't know enough about.

eGroupWare is an ancient codebase from the beginnings of PHP (version 3?). For
everything that people hate about PHP you can find examples in eGroupWare's
codebase. It's a pain to develop or maintain this. Nobody should recommend
eGroupWare to anyone. Debian should not ship it.

I couldn't find the current eGroupWare SVN repo on the new homepage to look if
the code has changed since I last saw it. - Why is the whole developer section
dropt from the current homepage?

Best regards,

Thomas Koch, http://www.koch.ro