Re: Asking for DMUA: Yes while seeking first sponsor

David Paleino <dapal@debian.org> writes:

> On Tue, 15 Jun 2010 10:14:54 +0800, Paul Wise wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Jun 15, 2010 at 12:13 AM, Alexander Reichle-Schmehl
>> <tolimar@debian.org> wrote:
>>
>> > I noticed that recently some people seem to seek first time sponsors
>> > while asking for setting the "DM-Upload-Allowed: yes" flag at the very
>> > same time.
>>
>> This isn't the only misuse of DMUA that exists, some people set it in
>> their package instead of asking the sponsor to set it.
>
> It's our duty to check if DMUA is set or not. Never, EVER, review a package
> only based on a changelog.

  Sure just sponsors are also humans and make mistakes (like missing a
added field in debian/control)

> If I am unhappy with DMUA for a specific maintainer+package pair, I talk to the
> maintainer, and tell her I can upload only without DMUA because I don't
> believe she is ready for unattended uploads. If she agrees, I simply drop that
> line from debian/control and upload the package -- otherwise she just goes and
> looks for another sponsor.

  Well I tend to just drop any package that silently sets DMUA or even
asks directly for it ("please consider" is ok "I've set DMUA" is not for
me) so probably one of the "easy" ways to get in toe queue of people not
finding a sponsor.

Regards

        Christoph